Friday, March 6, 2009

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

I love this city. This is my third time down here and I enjoy it more everytime. The people, the food, (the wine) and the laid back feeling are wonderful. If anyone ever gets the chance and wants a great vacation spot, even for a short trip - I recommend Buenos Aires.

The group for the first ship left this morning. They will e a day ahead of us the whole trip. We will meet up on race day and then two days later for a BBQ and awards. We leave at 4am Saturday morning (1am KC time)

We found out that the race almost didn't happen. As late as last Friday, all the countries involved on the course, had not signed off on the marathon. A lot of politics and posturing went on this year to be able to hold the race. I feel soon that they will be unable to have the marathon in the same place they have had it for years.

Not much to post or to follow yet; and when I am on the ship there is no communication so there will be no posting. But I will be back with pics and stories.

Enjoy the weekend!!!

-Bob

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hello Bobbity Bob! Have a great run. I think you need to get past 26.2... 50k? nudge nudge. Sophia

    ReplyDelete